LITTLE WILLOW

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

July 21, 2009

I THINK I CAN....I THINK I...DARN!

While on our evening walk last night I heard what I was sure was a giant squirrel near the tree next to the road as we were passing by. Of course M.O.M. saw it climb up this tree for safety but didn't tell me. She just said "Okay Mistaya, go get it!" Boy was I surprised and excited for her to tell me I could go after that pesky guy in MY woods!
So off I went and I can't tell how many times I tried to actually climb right up that tree.
M.O.M. did continue to encourage me to climb the tree but I do think I saw a hint of a smile on her face. Since I couldn't seem to climb up this big tree I did try to stretch as tall as I could hoping that stretching would get me up to the first branch where I was sure I could jump up to the next limb.
As you can guess, we returned home without any Squirrel trophies for me. I just don't understand how something so much smaller than me can climb such a giant tree and I can't. I guess I will have to work on this problem. Practice----Practice makes Perfect! Okay!

3 comments:

  1. I think its more fun to stay on the ground and run anyway. You tried real hard though.

    licks and sniffs, SASha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying on the ground is probably the best idea. Those squirrels can climb really fast and would be back on the ground by the time you got to the first branch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH SQUIRRELQUEEN, I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT HOW I WOULD GET DOWN IF I EVER DID CLIMB UP THAT TREE! MAYBE I HAD BETTER GIVE THIS PLAN SOME MORE THOUGHT! MISTAYA

    ReplyDelete

We love comments..please leave us your thoughts about this post!