LITTLE WILLOW

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

October 01, 2010

I'VE BEEN CAUGHT!

I slipped up again! I can't believe it! I have always been so careful.

Everyday I station myself by the front gate near the mail box, when I see the mail lady park her truck down at the end of our street.  She then walks down the opposite side of our street from our house and I wait patiently for her to return on our side of the street.

As she nears our house I sit as close to the fence as I possibly can...waiting...sometimes it seems forever....waiting...waiting....and then it happens!!!!...she kneels down beside me on her side of the fence and gives me a treat! It is soooo good and I am always so careful to be sure to take it very gently from her fingers.

And then...if I look real sweet at her she gives me.....Oh MY GOSH...a second treat!...I can't believe it....I can get 2 treats from this wonderful mail lady!  And she talks to me so softly that I do always seem to forget that I am really in charge of this front yard and I am suppose to protect M.O.M. and M.O.D. from any one getting to close to the house.

But I have been very careful to make sure that my people are busy doing other things somewhere else inside the house or back yard.....until today....
Yes, the worst has happened to this little dog....
As the mail lady walked away I was sitting in my usual spot watching go about her route, when something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye.....

Oh NO....there was M.O.M. standing at the front window watching the whole treat thing happen!!!

BUSTED!!!
Of course my natural instincts took over and I immediately ran to the corner of the fence and did a few of my very angry sounding barks at the mail lady...M.O.M. told  M.O.D. they sounded strangely high pitched for my voice.....
I was of course trying to pretend I was guarding the house and chasing this mean person away in an attempt to protect them.

As you can guess, I did see M.OM. smile and laugh as she turned away from the front window.  That is why I am positive that she knows exactly what I have been up to everytime she see's the mail lady coming down the street.

Oh brother...I am so busted!!

14 comments:

  1. awwwww...that's so cute! What a wonderful neighborhood you must live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo lucky Mistaya, our mail lady just pets me and no treats. I will have to speak to her about this.


    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, that is so funny!! Good thing that you did the barking thing to make it look like you were the protector. I bet Mom smiled cuz she knew you were protecting the house, so maybe just maybe you arent busted afterall!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rae. so far we seem to be living in a very nice neighborhood. We just hope it stays that way. Hugs and wags, Mistaya & Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sashs...this nice lady even asked M.O.M. first if she cloud give me a treat now and then. HeeHee...we didn't tell her that I ALWAYS got 2 and I also get them EVERY day! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jazzi...that is a great way to look at it! Maybe I shoud just act like nothing unusual happened and see what she does! Thanks, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw Mistaya, that is so cute. But it is really hard to fool M.O.Ms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mistaya and Mom,
    We use to have a mail lady just like that!!! Bambi misses her so much!!! Bambi would wait for her too. Then one day she just stopped coming. I called the PO and they said she had cancer and had quit!!! That was years ago but Bambi still remembers b/c every once in a while Bambi will go down front and watch the mail-Man go by!!
    Thanks for Bambi's birthday wish!!
    XXOO, Bambi & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so exciting! We have a PO Box so we don't have a mail lady :(

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. SquirrelQueen...I am sure that I really didn't fool M.O.M. It's like she has eyes in the back of her head. I know that sounds weird cause I don't think I have ever seen any eyes on the back of anyones head. I did see a man yesterday who had no hair and M.O.M. said that he was bald. And I did not see any eyes on the back of his head. Sometimes it is very hard to figure out these human creatures.
    But as long as I still get my special treats from the US Postal Service I am okay with whatever they have in and on their heads!!
    Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. EmmaRose..that is too bad that you don't have a mail lady cause they are so nice to get treats from. Did you talk with the Postal Clerk where your mail comes to. Maybe that person would start including treats with your mail when your mom picks up her mail!!
    Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fern and Bambi, we are sorry to hear about your mail lady. That is very sad. And I am so glad you had a good birthday!!
    Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. could it have been a stray biscuit crumb or two, on your whiskers which gave you away. I know M.O.M doesn't really mind you receiving a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mistaya, you are so clever...M.O.M. will probably NEVER know that you are getting 2 treats a day, if you just play it cool!
    Fern & Bambi, and Emma Rose, since you can't get treats from the postal service, try driving through your bank drive-up service, or the drive-thru at some fast food places...they often have treats for pets in the car...just an idea...

    ReplyDelete

We love comments..please leave us your thoughts about this post!