LITTLE WILLOW

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

June 11, 2010

ALICE WENT DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE!!!!

I think M.O.M. was trying to pretend that she was Alice In Wonderland earlier today.  She and M.O.D. went over to the two story barn next door this morning to make sure they had removed everything they had stored up there.

As M.O.M. was walking across the very old floor upstairs her foot went through one of the worn out floor boards!  Boy did she get real short really fast!!  That must be what Alice in Wonderland felt like when she fell into the rabbit hole!!

As she  started to disappear out of sight she managed to grab hold of one of the timber braces that ran up to the ceiling.  M.O.D. was there as quick as he could but she disappeared up the her waist in the floor!!!
M.O.D. helped to pull her back up and helped her over to a bale of hay so she could sit down and see if she was alright.  She was shaking a bit and trying to catch her breath.  As things settled down she said she thought she was okay but the muscles in her right knee were not happy.  M.O.D. said that the knee were probably trying to stop her fall and took most to the force of her going through the floor.

We all returned back to the house and M.O.M. is sitting in the easychair taking it easy for awhile.  I did hear her say that this will be the last time she goes upstairs in that old barn!!  She said she would have been VERY upset if she had gotten hurt just a few days before we leave for our new adventure by the sea!!!

I will stay close to her and take care of her for awhile in case she needs a face lick or needs to hold my paw for comfort.

10 comments:

  1. Have her put some bags of frozen vegetables on it (wrapped in a towel) and take ibuprofen!

    If it's still aching tomorrow, she can start using heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so glad she didn't fall through. Yikes. That is scary! I'm sure lot's of licks will help. And if she needs more comfort you can just cuddle up. That always helps :)

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. JackDaddy..I will pass this on to her..thanks! Hugs and wags, Mistayay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi EmmaRose, licks and cuddles are my specialty!! I get right on that! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last time I saw that picture, the caption said "It's almost spring in Nebraska." I lived there for many years and it definitely fits!

    Hope the knee is okay.. take JD's advice.

    Tank's Asst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tank, I have taken JD's advice and the knee feels better but we will see what happens in the morning when I try to stand up!! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad everyone is okay! What an adventure you had...you sure do know how Alice must have felt!

    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement on my blog. I'm really trying to be optimistic about my future riding ability. The surgeon said that I WILL ride just like before. I hope he's right...I'm not as young as I used to be!!!

    It's nice to have a lifelong horsewoman know how I'm feeling....

    You're right...thank goodness for friends!!

    A BROKEN THIGH BONE? OUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mistaya we are so glad M.O.M. is ok. That was a very very scary accident. You all take good care of her...TLC is a great healer,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Madi and mom, I love giving M.O.M. TLC! I am very good at that! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would have been a very scary adventure. Hope your M.O.M is beginning to heal, take good care of her Mistaya.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments..please leave us your thoughts about this post!