LITTLE WILLOW

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

October 31, 2009

HORNET MYSTERY SOLVED


M.O.M. has mentioned to M.O.D. several times this summer that she was surprised by the lack of Hornets on our back deck. Summers past they were always busy building thier nests in the eaves of the deck and bothering M.O.M. and M.O.D. all summer long.

But not this summer.

Then today when M.O.M. and I were out in the back yard near my kennel, she noticed that almost all of the leaves on the large Lilac bush have fallen off already. Then we suddenly looked up and there was a very large Hornets nest on a Lilac branch just above my kenne!

This ugly nest is actually the size of a basketball!! Oh My Gosh!

I think it's probably a good thing we didn't know it was there as we both would have been very scared! So it is being removed to make sure these mean little creatures do not take up residence above my kennel again next summer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that thing is huge. I'm with you, sometimes it's better not to know. That would have scared me too.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments..please leave us your thoughts about this post!