LITTLE WILLOW

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

June 02, 2010

A WET RAINY WALK IN THE FOREST

M.O.M. and I joined her walking group today for a walk in the woods. It was not raining when we started out at the trail head.

But after walking for about 20 minutes it did start raining...a few drops at first then more and more.
Of course I didn't care that it was raining and M.O.M. and the ladies didn't seemed to mind either.

I did my usual running everywhere thing and loved every minute of it.  We did have to cross 2 rather deep creeks but as you might guess I just trotted on across. But I did notice that a few of the ladies were having a bit of a hard time.
I forgot to mention that 2 other dogs joined us on this walk...Jasper and Buster.  On the walk up the trail Buster's mom kept him on his leash.  But about an hour and a half into the walk/hike, Buster's mom said she was going to turn back and would meet us back at the vehicles at the trail head.  M.O.M. then told her we would join her. (We didn't want her walking out in these woods by herself. We did find Wolf scat on the trail earlier.)

After crossing the first deep creek she let Buster of his leash and he and I ran up an down the trail having so much fun.  In the above photo you can see me with Buster in hot pursuit!  He is a beautiful Boxer that has gone on many of our walks/hikes over the last 3 years.  Yes, I know I have been on the hikes only a year and 1/2 but M.O.M. told me about that.

As you can guess, both Buster and myself were very wet by the time we arrived back at the parking lot....so was M.O.M. and her hiking friend.  But none of us really minded cause I heard M.O.M. and her friend doing a lot of giggling and laughing in the front seat.  And we had to wait just about 20 minutes for the rest of the group to join us. 
Buster and I both fell asleep on the way home.  But before we did I did have to make sure that he had to stay on his own side of the car.  Gosh, It was easier than I thought to make him understand what I mean when I curled my lip and made a little angry noise.  I could see that M.O.M. was kind of proud of me for finally standing up for myself. 
Hmmm,  I think I grew up a bit today!

6 comments:

  1. Now that is one fine walk you had Mistaya...running free like the wind with a buddy. We're glad you didn't see any wolfies....
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madi, I know I am going to miss all these walks and runs in the forest but I am so excited to get back to that very big pond M.O.M. calls the 'ocean' or 'the sea'. I had such a good time running on that real soft sand stuff and I am ready to do it again!! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a WONDERFUL adventure you had with Buster Mistaya. Dispatch chased the riding lawn mower and almost got green feet. That was as much adventure as he could do today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you and Buster were worn out after such an adventure. All the smells and sounds would be fun to explore. Good for you Mistaya for standing up for yourself with Buster.

    I'm glad you didn't see any wolves just the scat. We had a cougar come through town the other night but fortunately for him he moved through quickly and went back to the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi TC..Dispatch with green feet??????? Now that would be something to see!! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi TC..Dispatch with green feet??????? Now that would be something to see!! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete

We love comments..please leave us your thoughts about this post!